|Fledging Birders Challenge
Monthly Submission Form - EASTERN REGION
| Schoolyard Birding Challenge Terms and Conditions
1) Submission form must include complete checklist of all species observed. If a team fails to submit their checklist by the deadline, they may not be eligible to win or receive a
prize for that month.
2) All species checklists will be reviewed Fledging Birders Institute staff naturalists and/or regional birding experts. FBI reserves the right to archive all checklists and
accompanying comments for scientific review, educational use, and future publication.
3) In the event of unusual sightings*, the cooperating teacher(s) may be contacted by FBI staff for more details regarding those species. Documentation and peer review of
exceptional sightings is important to the study of bird distribution as identification of similar species can be difficult. If upon further review the observers can not justify the
sightings of an unusual species, FBI staff may not count the bird(s) in question. All decisions by FBI are final.
* Unusual sightings include bird species that are out of their expected geographic range, habitat, and season.
4) FBI is not responsible for safety or conduct of Schoolyard Birding Challenge or Birding Mentor Challenge participants. All supervision of student participants is the
responsibility of the cooperating teacher, school faculty member, scout leader, or other appropriate supervising adult.
5) Fledging Birders Institute staff may enter teams in the challenge BUT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RECEIVING PRIZES. In the event that an FBI sponsored team receives the
highest total, the unaffiliated group with the next highest species total will be deemed the winner for that month.
|Bringing the joy AND BENEFITS of birding to our youth - to promote their healthy development and bird conservation.