| Schoolyard Birding Challenge Terms and Conditions
1) Submission form must include complete checklist of all species observed. If a team fails to submit their checklist by the deadline, they may not be eligible to win or receive a
prize for that month.
2) All species checklists will be reviewed Fledging Birders Institute staff naturalists and/or regional birding experts. FBI reserves the right to archive all checklists and
accompanying comments for scientific review, educational use, and future publication.
3) In the event of unusual sightings*, the cooperating teacher(s) may be contacted by FBI staff for more details regarding those species. Documentation and peer review of
exceptional sightings is important to the study of bird distribution as identification of similar species can be difficult. If upon further review the observers can not justify the
sightings of an unusual species, FBI staff may not count the bird(s) in question. All decisions by FBI are final.
* Unusual sightings include bird species that are out of their expected geographic range, habitat, and season.
4) FBI is not responsible for safety or conduct of Schoolyard Birding Challenge participants. All supervision of student participants is the responsibility of the cooperating
teacher or school faculty member.
5) Fledging Birders Institute staff may enter teams in the challenge BUT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RECEIVING PRIZES. In the event that an FBI sponsored team receives the
highest total, the unaffiliated school group with the next highest species total will be deemed the winner for that month.
|Schoolyard Birding Challenge
Monthly Submission Form - WESTERN REGION
* - If this shortened list is missing many of the birds that you identified this month,
please check out the all-inclusive Western Checklist Submission Form
|Bringing the joy AND BENEFITS of birding to our youth - to promote their healthy development and bird conservation.